Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Sleepless Night.

Went 36 hours without sleep yesterday. Advertising assignment in which I had to create three different posters. Now, the work itself, in a pure, solid chunk, only took at most 4 hours. The reason I had to go through Monday night without sleep was simple. Procrastination. Tuesday being the due day, I had to rush. The Adobe Creative suite DVD my friend passed to me wouldn't work on my laptop, and so I had to go to the cybercafe (thankfully its only 1.50 an hour), download the program, install it, then, since I was there, do it. They turned out well enough, and in fact, I was quite pleased with the second one.

In any case, the whole thing was done and finished in time, although printing was something of a rush. Went home at 9, took a bath, changed, then headed out again. Somehow I think this won't be the last occurance of late night grinds through assignments. The whole thing reminds me of my computer project back in Form 5... Had a long grace period of two weeks after the deadline to finish it. Me being me, I left it until the last day, then rushed through it the whole evening. My database didn't work as planned, and most of the stuff I typed was mindless drivel. All that being said, I got it done.

Imagine my surprise when the teacher passes it back and says: "Anand, I'm very disappointed." Got my project back, and bam, 38/50. For rushed, last minute work that doesn't function the way I wanted it too... 38/50 was a good grade. Heck, I got higher than the majority of the class. Like then, I'm reminded of the lesson I told myself I'd learn.

If I just do my work when its given, rather than at the last minute, I'm pretty sure it'll end up pretty damn good. At least, so I hope, considering that I've never given that a shot. I find that the only way I can work, and work efficiently, is under pressure. Hopefully that's not really the case, as, frankly, I'd hate to go another 36 plus hours without sleep.

Ah well. College.

Cheers.

2 comments:

didifuelled said...

ANAAAAAAAAAAAAND!

I can't believe that!

Nikki said...

Ok, please don't be a dumbass again.

At least give it two or three nights before the due date to work on it. NOT THE FRIGGIN NIGHT BEFORE.

We Pirinyuangs always work best under pressure. But it doesn't mean we have to mindlessly subject ourselves to it and therefore lose precious sleep.

Dungu!