Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Food. Good. Good Food. Unhealthy Food.

The dates on the calendar fly by. Numbers are altered, figures change, and my wallet gets smaller and smaller. And through it all, the weighing scale tells me that I'm gaining weight. Me, the bone-thin boy of old, finally getting a bit bulkier.

Fat?

No, no, nothing like that. It makes a nice change from having a visible rib cage, and a figure that looked like one could snap it in two. That being said, all the weight I'm gaining (admittedly, not that much; I've met my target weight) seems to go straight to my stomach. Now, my being heavier's not an issue, but having a pot-belly is. Then again, I COULD just start working out, instead of coming home and vegetating in front of the telly. But we'll see. What do I blame?

The food.

Malaysia (well, KL) is chock full of food and eating options. Whatever you want, there's a high chance you'll find it. Western, Eastern, Fusion... All the flavours of the wonderful world we live in. That's all well and good, but you know, when you're on a budget, the only steady option available is the mamak. Or standard Chinese food (of which I do not usually eat). Sure, going to the mamak and grabbing a meal and drink is a way of life here, but... You get sick of it after a while.

The food's good, make no mistake. But the amount of oil and whatever else they put in it can't be healthy. And there's not much I can do about it, because cash is a bit of an issue. Heck, if I had it my way, it'd be Starbucks for breakfast, Carl's Jr. for lunch, and Chili's for dinner everyday. Ah, such joy. Such luxury. Of course, that would probably be even more unhealthy, but hey. Besides, you know me. Never was one to bother about weight, just so long as its not overtly visible.

And all the coffee? The way they make it here, its 75% coffee, 25% condensed milk... Sweet, sweet goodness in a cup... And really quite sweet. Couple that with the roti bomb (sweet bread), its quite a ticket to diabetes. Bwahahaha. The sacrifices one makes for the sweet stuff. That being said, I really should cut down. We'll see how that goes.

Just another random rant... Been a while since the last one too.

Cheers.

No comments: