Saturday, June 7, 2008

Routine Makes Most Things Bearable

Travelling. Lots and lots of travelling. Travelling an hour to go to college and have a single, three hour lecture. And then proceed to take a one and a half hour trip back. By the time I get back I'm bone tired. I'm surprised that standing in the bus-LRT-bus can be such a fatigue-inducing experience. College and the lectures themselves aren't that bad, and are actually quite enjoyable. Everyone's participating, and (unlike school) there's no hesitation to answering questions. Although that may stem from the fact that participation in class nets 10% of your total grade in a subject...

Anyways, there're 45 minute breaks midway through a lecture. Usually use this time to grab some coffee and a bite of food. Interludes such as these are always welcome, and they make the three hours spent on one topic a lot more bearable. Plus, after our return, the lecturer shows us videos of adverts. Good, bad, whatever. Personally, in my opinion, if you want whack, weird, strange ads... Search for some Japanese ones. And even a few Thai ones. If I ever go into advertising, I seriously hope that I won't one day get a client who wants ads like those. Can you imagine having to purposely do something campy and having your name stuck to it? Hmm.

I've come to the realization that once you settle down into a routine (i.e. travelling, college, getting up etc) everything becomes a lot more bearable. You get used to it. I'm pretty sure if the elevator died and I had to go up 12 flights of stairs just to get back, It'd be fine, given time. Perhaps its simply your brain and body doing the same things over and over again so many times its instinctive and doesn't require much thought. At least, not as much as before. So yes, I'm sure (well, hoping, really) that I'll get used to the travelling times and what not.

We'll see.

In any case, college has yet to turn out bad. Quite the opposite really. Of course, all that being said, this is still the first semester, so it's kinda too soon to come to any solid conclusions regarding the rest of my two and a half year course. Then again, life would be pretty boring if everything was certain and set in stone. Uncertainty adds a kind of excitement...

'Till next time.

Cheers.

1 comment:

Sophia Koay said...

Wow.. talk about putting so much thought into one's day! btw. JUN JIE IS BACK! so we go out and i'll introduce yu to my boy okai?