Wednesday, June 11, 2008

An Adventure in Kuala Lumpur

Its 12:11 in the morning. I'm at my sister's office. Annoyed. Aggravated. Ticked off.

Why?

The story starts with me meeting up with two old classmates: Sophia and Jun Jie after college (which ended at 6). Now, Sophia and I hadn't seen Jun Jie in ages, so the three of us had quite a lot of catching up to do. Which we did, until about 11. Now, the bus (82) heads to KL Sentral from where I was. Considering that the bus system here has so far seemed pretty dependable, I got on.

That was a mistake.

The bus driver took a convoluted route to locations I didn't recognise, then ended up at One Utama and proceeded to say that it was the last stop. Leaving me far from home with not enough cash to get home. Stranded, basically. Stranded and pissed off. My sister came up with the solution of taking a cab to her workplace (she's working OT), whereby she would pay. Hailed a cab (the only cab there) and took a 30 buck drive.

30 bucks.

So here I am at my sister's office. I'm just glad there's no (am lesson tomorrow. Bleargh! Now, other than this, the whole day was pretty good. Strangely though, good days have a curious way of messing up at the end. Like today. Well, in any case, I'm heading home now. What an utter waste of cash.

Cheers.

1 comment:

Nikki said...

How come you didn't have enough money?!?!?!?!