Monday, May 19, 2008

Intro Themes from the past. Magical. Absolutely Magical.

Greetings again. Was going through Youtube yet again (it seems I'm online quite a bit eh?), when I searched for the opening theme of...

Hawaii five O.

Ever since I stepped out of the shower that day, humming that tune (probably thanks to that one time where Tim played it on his mobile), I've felt a somewhat irresistable urge to listen to it. And watch the video.

And I did.

Resultantly laughing my head off in the internet cafe I'm currently at. If you're interested, just run a search on "Hawaii five 0 intro" or somesuch and it'll pop up. Listening to it further prompted me to run a search on the intro themes of old, old shows. I'm talking A-Team, Knight Rider, an Eddie Murphy movie called "Beverly Hills Cop" (from which that Crazy Frog got one of its tunes), Centurions... Oh, and undoubtedly, one cannot forget the Mighty Morphing Power Rangers. The list goes on. If you're looking for a laugh, search them up... Its a pity they don't make them like they used to.

The intro themes, the shows, the cartoons... Its all come a long way in the decade that I can remember. Even longer since the my sisters' time. Gone are the unclassifiable theme songs of old. Banished to the winds, are the after show lessons of old cartoons. And the attempt to imprint principles and moral values through television shows? Somewhat unheard of now. Whatever happened to the narrator talking during the intro? I mean, sure, nowadays, it would seem really, REALLY cheesy if someone put that in a show now... but hmm...

In any case, I'd have to say the theme songs from the Bond films of old, even the current ones, are still good. The closest thing I've seen is, surprisingly, from a game. Metal Gear Sold 3. "Snake Eater". Excellent. Oh, and one final one from me, one that will ALWAYS be implanted in my head... Is the theme from the movie "The Rock" (a movie that contributed to the urge to play paintball) by Sean Connery and Nicholas Cage. http://youtube.com/watch?v=3COwYvE_458. Man.

Randomness over. I guess I should do more constructive things with my time eh? Since I'm posting, may as well update you all. Visiting my college today. Get myself properly registered and all that, have a look around (of which there is not much; its really a shop lot) and finally, finally, get everything sorted at last. At which point there will be no more concerns save actually taking the course. We'll see how that goes.

That's all for today, my friends.

Cheers.

3 comments:

didifuelled said...

Dudeness,

Can you please, please, please stop worrying!

Oh yeah... I'm in the office now. Popped in to do some work. Cos I'm a pathetic human being that can't keep away from the office even though I'm on leave. *sigh*

See you in a bit, for steamboat!

Nikki said...

You know what, you should really get a tagboard. So not cool!!! I cannot leave you spazzy messages and me & d can't spam your blog.

How??!?

Damn, I hate you both. I want steamboat too. Are you going to HO A ONE? :D

Sherlyanna Syutri Susis aka Sherly said...

Heys dude! Glad to hear you're doing fine out there. Get a tagboard! Much easier :P hahaha..