Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Green Smoke and a Shower Room. And no, nothing illegal.

Was going on YouTube again. Decided to look up movie scenes that I remember from my younger days. You know, the ones that always stay with you? The classic ones you can never forget? Anyways, due to the fogginess of my brain at this point in time, I only ran a search on two scenes from what has to be one of my favourite movies.

The Rock.

First, the Shower scene. While that MAY sound quite a bit dodgy, its all action and drama. http://youtube.com/watch?v=Nh8AO64JKx0&feature=related. Even today, so many years down the line, I can still lining up my plastic soldiers and somewhat recreating the scene. The green men were down below, the tan men up above. And then of course, the afore-mentioned sound effects (gunfire, death cries, shouting etc) and the green men falling down. All these years later, I can't say that I've ever seen a scene in an action movie that comes close to this one. Drama and a gunfight. I think I even felt a bit sad when the Navy SEALs got shot to pieces. Of course, any one with a scene they think is better is always welcome to make a comment.

Lastly, the Green Smoke scene. http://youtube.com/watch?v=oPdukhSNrW8. The part where Nicholas Cage shouts just before the lead F-18 drops its bombs is just... unforgettable. Maybe its because I also have a thing for fighter jets, but this has to be one of my favourite finales. Oh, did you know, the actor that plays the lead pilot is actually James Caviezel? Unless memory has failed me, I recreated this scene too, again with my toy soldiers. Well, of them at any rate, and one of my plastic toy jets... Ah, childhood. Amazing how we remember little things like these years after their occurance eh?

Whatever happens, my future son will have two things. LEGO, and plastic toy soldiers. Sure, there'll be advanced game consoles by then, but... there's something to be said about moving inanimate objects around and letting your imagination take over.

On the topic of a son, if, by some chance, I either:

a) do not have kids (whether from not getting married or otherwise)

OR

b) end up having no sons and multiple daughters...

Then I will be very, very disappointed. So much so that I can imagine treating the guy my daughter dates (provided I HAVE a daughter - option A nulled-) as something of the son I never had. Of course, if he's a decent enough fellow. Which, I think, would freak him out a lot and chase him away. Ah well.

But I digress (that seems to happen a lot eh?). And I shall do so some more, with again, yet another update on what's been going on (or lack thereof) in my life.

Paid a visit to the college. Met up with the lady who would put the application through. Learned a number of things from that visit:

1)There are an awful lot of Ching-Chong-Chinese at IACT. At least, at the room that I went to. Didn't take the full tour. By Ching-Chong-Chinese, I mean the typical Chinese you get at school. Dressed up like those Oriental clebrities you see on TV (i.e. Rain, Jay Chou, all the other bands and artists I can't be bothered to remember) with hairstyles to match. Reminded me quite a bit of the days in SAS.

2)There are usually around ten people in an intake. That's... quite a small bunch. Combined with the May intake, that's around... twenty plus people? Not bad, but this means that I have no choice but to get along with most, if not all, the people in my intake. That shouldn't be a problem really, but hey.

3)The place really IS quite small. No frills. Again, its not a problem. Frankly, as long as I get the education I need, meet people, do work and enjoy myself, size isn't really an issue. As a bonus to being at a shop lot, IACT's close to lots of places to eat. Reportedly good food too. And that's always a bonus.

4)Although the application isn't through per se, according to the lady, its a guaranteed yes. With so few students in an intake, they're (in a sense) ready to jump at anybody willing to apply. So yes, that's taken care of.

Will be having a final visit on the 27th, along with a tour of the place. Hopefully my first impressions in regards to the student body turn out to be ungrounded eh? That being said, I have a feeling I might just end up being the only Thai guy there. But this IS KL, and that will most probably end up being false. We'll see. All that's left now is to do the course.

Its about time.

Cheers.

1 comment:

el said...

ching chong chinese. HAHA!
Hope you're doing great there. AND Oh! Seems that you have a whole lot of time to youtube~