Sunday, May 18, 2008

Paintball. Live out your childhood dreams.

Yes. Paintball. A rather random post, but I was going through Youtube when this video caught my eye. http://youtube.com/watch?v=VKEOFVCqZZY&feature=bz301. If only I could do that in real life. Anyways, paintball's in essence, a sport of shooting the other person before he shoots you, with balls of paint, fired from a marker (the term gun is... apparently offensive) and propelled by compressed gas. Suffice to say, while not lethal, getting shot by one hurts. That being said, in no other sport will you get the opportunity to actually physically shoot another human being without penalty. All this being said, paintball is reputadly the safest sport in the world. Bear in mind though, that I gained this info from a study made to make paintball look legal (not that its not) so its veracity is not guaranteed.

As you may or may not be able to tell, I like paintball. If it were free, I'd play everday. Maybe it was all the war movies I watched as a child, or those small plastic soldiers I used to play with, moving them around and providing sound effects such as "BOOM!" and "Aaaarrggghhh!". Not to mention rather the sounds for gunfire. Admittedly, back in lower primary, I always wanted to be a soldier. The idea of blowing things and people up (at that age, death was not yet understood) was... intriguing. Even today, war movies, action, guns and such, I've still got something of a thing for them.

Thus paintball.

It allows one to live out childhood dreams and fantasies. Want to be Rambo and charge wildly? Go ahead. Want to hang back and take a calm, cool, aimed shot? That's an option too. Want to live out your John Woo gunplay imaginings? You can try. Its a great way to spend an afternoon. While the actual rounds are pretty short, they're intense, and for once in the whole week or month or even year, you actually have to be alert and on your toes. The fact that getting short actually hurts provides incentive to actually play properly and make an effort to not get shot.

Surprisingly enough, its not as expensive here in KL as I thought it would be. An online check revealed that prices were a tad bit higher than in Brunei, but not as high as I expected. Am considering going off to play perhaps once a month or what not. We'll see how that goes.

'Till next time.

Cheers.

3 comments:

Nikki said...

Yes, I remember you and your mock war games. You forgot to mention the blue samurai sword you used to have. Bahahahaha.

Ahh... you were so cute then. Scary, but cute. I say scary coz you'd think of different ways to carry out genocide. And you'd actually DRAW them.

Anyway, good to hear you're enjoying KL! What's this Carl Jr Burger?? How come I never heard of it?? Ooooh oooh, can you send me Auntie Anne's Cinnamon Sugar Pretzel... hehe

<3 sis #2

didifuelled said...

Nikki, you suck!

Carl's Jr is only like the best fast-food-type burger thing around. And I don't even like burgers. YUMMY!

Anand is a bit of a spaz! But he seems to be doing good. I think.

Hahahahahahahahhaahaha Talking about him like he isn't around. On HIS blog. :D

didifuelled said...

Also...

Are you deliberately untitling (yes, I know there's no such word, but whatevs) your posts?