Friday, May 30, 2008

College!

Set! Everything's set! FINALLY, its time to roll up my sleeves and actually get something done. Phew. Went to IACT this morning. Had to meet up with the college's CEO. A bit much, but apparently (as we're paying in installments) there have been a few cases where foreign students pay a minimum, get their student pass which enables them to stay in Malaysia, and then bugger off without having paid the full semester fee. So yeah, had to meet up with him and ensure that I wasn't going to run off after getting what I need to stay in this country. He's a nice man. Anyways, I am now OFFICIALLY enrolled at IACT college. Nothing left to do now but do the course. I must say, its a great relief. Realized last night that half a year has gone by. Half a year, and what do I have to show for it? Well, not much. Seems like quite a waste. Ah well, at least now that'll change eh?

Also took a tour of the college. As stated before, there're no frills. Just what's needed, which is enough. Nothing fancy. As it was an open day, got to see some of the students. They seem like a nice bunch too. Well, at least, so it seems, taking into account the fact that I didn't really speak to any of them. Got more details on my Mass Comm course too. Now, instead of taking a major and focusing on one, IACT's given students the flexibility to choose which classes they want, from ALL the branches. Basically, this means I can (if I were so inclined) take a paper in Creative Writing, Public Relations, Advertising, Broadcasting, whatever. Which is good. The only hiccup is, if there aren't enough students who want to take that particular paper, the college won't do it. But that shouldn't really be an issue.

Done, then. I'm looking forward to it all. Meeting people, forging bonds, getting things done, using my brain, working, studying, learning. All sorts of things. Man, after six long months, any sort of strenuous mental activity is welcome. Now, that being said, a part of me realizes that I will probably never (until retirement) get a chance to spend such a large chunk of time doing nothing. It'll be work work work from now on. Well, maybe not THAT bad, but... something along those lines. Only time will tell.

Here's to a new beginnings.

Cheers.

No comments: